A man’s home is his castle, as the saying goes. But homes today don’t normally feature ramparts, drawbridges, moats and six-foot thick stone walls to keep out unwanted visitors. Today, a house Hardwire Alarm Kits, and preferably a managed home security system, is needed to ensure your home’s security.
Not only does installing a home security system improve the safety of your family and possessions, but it can also decrease your home insurance costs. The Top Ten House Hardwire Alarm Kits and Home Security Devices list highlights ten devices and features of home security systems that can make your house a safer place.
The Top Ten
10. Talking Devices help you to understand the status of your home and monitoring as well as program the system. Some security systems feature talking master control panels, key pads or remotes. The talking feature may not result in great conversation, but it will help you understand your system a little better.
9. Some home Hardwire Alarm Kits systems include extras like Key Fobs and Remotes to control the system at a distance. Somewhat similar to a car’s key fob, home security key fobs include buttons to activate and deactivate the house Hardwire Alarm Kits system. Some even include a “panic” button that activates the house Hardwire Alarm Kits and alerts the proper authorities in the event of an emergency. Remote controls are similar and often larger. The features of remotes vary greatly and can include a full key pad, a talking feature and a panic button as well.
8. Yard Signs and House or Window Decals advertise your home’s protection. The Greenwich Study of Residential Security found that homes without Hardwire Alarm Kitss were 2.7 to 3.5 times more likely to be burglarized, and that the most effective deterrent was the Hardwire Alarm Kits monitoring company’s yard sign (SIA Research Update, Security Industry Association, October 2001). Some choose to post the signs to deter possible break-ins without actually installing a home Hardwire Alarm Kits system. While this effort will lower the odds of an attempted burglary, a yard sign alone cannot fully protect your home.
7. A Back-Up Power Supply is important in maintaining home security even during a power outage, when the risk of break-ins and looting is increased. Your home Hardwire Alarm Kits should be effective even when your power is not. The easiest to maintain back-up power supplies use standard size batteries. Look for a model that uses rechargeable batteries to lower your maintenance costs.
6. Smoke Detectors add another layer of protection to your home, especially when they are integrated into the home Hardwire Alarm Kits system. Not only do smoke detectors indicate a fire and give you time to escape safely, but when included in a home security package, they automatically notify the managing company and the fire department. Some systems even integrate the power supply to the smoke detectors. That means you don’t have to change the batteries ever!
5. Wireless Systems protect your home without adding extra cords to trip over or extensive installation of in-wall cords. In wireless house Hardwire Alarm Kits systems, each sensor or keypad communicates with the master control panel via radio frequencies or existing wiring in your home. A burglar will never be able to disarm the system by snipping the wires. This ensures the system is fully integrated and monitoring all parts of your home without using up your outlets or creating an obstacle course of wires for you.
4. Extra Key Pads are also important. Exterior mounted key pads can provide secure keyless entry to your family. Some systems also offer remote control key pads which are lightweight and portable. A home Hardwire Alarm Kits system that features a security code with a key pad increases the security of your home. A monitored system can also lock down entry after several repeated, failed attempts at entry which indicate a possible break-in attempt.
3. Key pads may not always be enough to keep burglars out. Sensors on Windows and Doors reduce the risk of a burglar entering undetected and are a key part of a home Hardwire Alarm Kits system. Motion Detectors within the home also increase the level of security. The most sophisticated motion detectors include a feature to ignore pets’ movement to avoid constantly setting the Hardwire Alarm Kits off inadvertently.
2. Installation, Monitoring, and Repair Services increase not only the level of safety but the convenience of keeping your home safe. A house Hardwire Alarm Kits alone cannot notify the police or fire department in the event of an emergency. The most complete systems include buttons to notify police departments, fire departments and medical help instantly. Another advantage offered by the best monitoring companies is live customer support and full service installation and repair of the system by employees who have been background checked, licensed and drug tested to ensure your safety. Finally, some companies even offer relocation services to keep you secure even when you move.
1. The classic Master Control Panel is vital to any home Hardwire Alarm Kits system. The central hub of the system, the control panel is usually wall-mounted in an easily accessible place. The panel receives information from all other sensors and key pads, computes it, and transmits relevant information to the monitoring company. If you choose to arm the system from the panel when you leave the house, the master control panel also receives the disarm code when you return home. Some can even be disarmed by telephone!
Of course, this list is not comprehensive, and the needs of every home and homeowner are different. For more tips on choosing the right home Hardwire Alarm Kits system and features to protect your house, I recommend visiting Hardwire Alarm Kitsoneinc.com.